Pages

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A couple of old ditties...

So many of you know I love Wes Carr. Here's a couple of Wesley inspired poems...

This one is a Valentines Day Poem inspired by Dr Seuss 2 years ago.

A Valentine's Ditty


Oh Valentine’s Day please go away
I do not, do not, like this day
I do not like it, not a bit
All this love, it makes me sick
Heavens above, a day of love
I think I’ll give this day a shove
Single is as single does ma’am
V-Day’s just a couple’s sham
But then again it’s such a pity
To spend all day feeling shitty
It’s so much better to be all witty
And write myself a clever ditty
Especially when that long haired brute
Is in my loop, by gosh he’s cute!
How could I not be filled with glee?
He’s Wezzy! Oh Wezzy McGee!
Although he’s someone else’s boy,
He’s like a toy, my endless joy
And there’s no one else I’d rather annoy.
So what I propose, to banish my woes
Only shows, what he already knows
But on this day of the year, with a great deal of cheer
(until later when I drown my sorrows in beer)
Wes, I send to your heart, a smile from mine
Whizzing through space, in the form of this rhyme
I could send a big kiss, as well if you wish
Not that you do, just saying....ish
And along with the smile, and the kiss with real style
I’ll send three words said only once in a while
Dear Wesley, today, it’s fairly safe to say... you’re my favourite!
...HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!




And this one is from a couple of months ago. Wes tweeted to his now Fiance that she was his "cosmic flower". I initially scoffed and thought it was slightly dorky, but I adore Wes' softness and eventually asked where a cosmic flower was found - "in wild clusters on the banks of the river of love?" I asked. "No, on the banks of the convoluted universe" he replied back. And so I got it... and this is my take on what a cosmic flower is...


My Cosmic Flower


Deep in the cosmos you glimmer
Next to the starry sea
Like a lurid dream
Awash with fantasy
There's no sunshine there
No rain, or day or night
There's no awake or sleeping
And there' no wrong or right
On the jagged edge of this perforated universe
All looks convoluted and dismissive at first
Yet right on the banks of infinity
Murky, vast and bare
Nothing has it's limits
Not even the darkest despair
But there underneath a solitary beam of moonlight
Stands still, the most perfect precious sight
Untarnished and emitting
An other worldly glow
Your silhouette exquisite
A kaleidoscope rainbow
Never has there been anything so beautiful
Just standing quietly there
As you my cosmic flower
...my sacred love so rare

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Search Everything